- Only the data necessary is taken from you to provide a particular service and follow the regulatory laws set by the Government of India. We respect your privacy and don’t hog your data.
- Your information is shared only with the designated RTAs of asset management companies. government regulators and the asset management companies strictly on a need to know basis. That is to either link your Aadhar, generate your common account status or create your investment account strictly only with your express permission.
- Best standards and encryption methods are used to protect your data from prying eyes.
"Our services are trusted by tens of thousands of users for whom we manage over 500 crores in investments. We welcome you to Piggy and look forward to provide you the best service and care for your investments. If you’re interested below is the long version of the policy. It can make a good read with your afternoon Chai! Happy Investing!"
At the outset, we would like to highlight that your information is shared only with the designated RTAs of asset management companies. government regulators and the asset management companies strictly on a need to know basis.
This Policy should be read in conjunction with Terms and Conditions
. Registration or usage of any of Piggy services implies your express consent and agreement to this Policy.
This Policy is subject to modification based on changes in the business, legal and regulatory requirements and will be made available to you online. We will make all efforts to communicate about significant changes to this policy. You are encouraged to periodically visit this page to review the policy and any changes.
“User”, “You/you”, “Your/your” means any person or user or Registered user or viewer or Registered Customer who views, browses, accesses or uses our Website.
“Use” or “Using” means to browse, access, view, copy, availing Services or other benefit from using the Website.
“Customer” means User who has or is willing to obtain the Services of Website.
“Services” means all the services as provided in Terms & Conditions from time to time.
“Registered User” or “Registered Customer” shall mean and include the users or customers who have Investment Account with Piggy, to avail the Services or any part thereof, as provided on the Website.
“Website” or “Piggy websites” means and includes www.valuevest.in
, Piggy mobile Application accessed through or downloaded from the App store i.e. Android or IOS, which might be used or accessed at any other platform where the Website can be accessed from on mobile phones and such other devices, like, mobile application (whether or not on android or IOS) or any other platform as provided by Piggy.
“Piggy” or “us” or “we” or “our” shall mean and refer to Valuevest Technologies Pvt Ltd and its affiliates, officers, employees, agents, partners and licensors.
1. Collection of Information
1.1 For the purpose of linking your Aadhar to your existing investment folios with the various fund houses we may collect the following information. Aadhar Number and Image of Aadhar card if necessary for validation purpose. PAN no and Image of PAN card if necessary for validation purpose. Date of Birth Email address Mobile number linked with Aadhar card.
1.2 For the purpose of checking your commissions from your Common Account statement we may collect the following investments Email Address linked to your investments PAN
1.3 In order to enable us in providing you with the best in class services for your investments as per government of India regulations, we require certain mandatory information to be shared by you. Piggy may collect the following types of information: 1.3.1 “Personal Information” which shall mean information which could reasonably be used to identify you personally, which may include, but not limited to the following:
- Basic details which you provide during the registration process such as Name, Phone Number, Email Address, Communication or Permanent Address
- Photograph provided during registration or during the profile update.
- Proof of Identity and Address documents such as PAN Card,Aadhar card Driving License, Passport etc.
- Transactions performed which can identify you as an individual through your customer ID or other relevant unique identifier.
- Demographic details such as gender, city, PIN code or nearest location, Fathers Name, Mothers name.
- Details of your tax status, income, wealth source and profession as required by FATCA regulations.
- A signature specimen of the user for account opening purposes.
- Proof of bank account such as image of cheque, passbook, bank statement as per Government of India PMLA guidelines of 2017
1.4 Usage logs/Server logs/Cookies from our apps and Piggy products which may contain details of your personal or sensitive personal information. This is strictly used to increase the performance of our services and is used by our internal teams only. “Cookies” are small files or small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser to prevent that. Even without a cookie, you can still use most of the features at our Website. Cookies allow web and mobile applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. We may place Cookies in the browser files of your computer/mobile phone. The cookie itself does not contain Personal Information although it will enable the Website to relate your use of the Website to information that you have specifically and knowingly provided to the Website. The Cookies enable us to remember your choices and some data field contents which you would be required to fill-in. This may reduce your time to fill in information which is routine or repetitive in nature. Such information will also remain in our database.You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web and mobile browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
2. Use of Information
2.1 The information provided by you to us is used for a number of purposes connected with our business operations which may include the following: Verify your identity, access, privileges assigned and relationship with us. Using of your information for opening accounts with exchanges such as Bombay stock exchange, MF Utilities, RTAs and fund houses only on your express consent to opt for investment services through us. Provisioning of products/services, testing or improvement of services, recommending various products or services; Processing your requests, enquiries and complaints, customer services and related activities; Communicating to you about bills, invoices, existing or new offers, content, advertisements, surveys, key policies or other administrative information; Analytics and reviews for improvement of our services; Completing your investment purchase; Support to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law or anti-fraud activities/systems; and Other usages that you may consent to.
2.2 We will strive to keep your personal information confidential and will place reasonable security controls to protect it. Your Personal Information will be kept confidential as required under applicable laws.
2.3 However, any comments, messages, blogs, scribbles etc. posted / uploaded / conveyed / communicated by you on the public sections of the apps/website becomes published content and is not considered personal information subject to this Policy. You may request that such information be taken down and, we may attempt to remove any such information if it is technically feasible to do so and as per the applicable laws.
2.4 Further, with respect to Non-Personal Information automatically collected and stored in files, we shall use this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer our services, to learn about user behavior on the apps and while using our services, to gather demographic information about the user base as a whole and to measure traffic patterns on our apps. As Non-Personal Information does not personally identify you, we may use and disclose Non-Personal Information at our discretion.
We do not sell or rent personal information to any third party entities. We limit the disclosure of the Personal Information to certain circumstances, as provided below:
- Government or judicial process: We may share your Personal Information with the government / government authorities or agencies and legal or judicial authorities for any investigation or to comply with legal process or in response to a request by any of these authorities or to enforce applicable terms and conditions or to protect our, our users and Partners rights, privacy, safety or property.
- Legal Reasons: The information provided by you may be shared with our other entities and affiliates to help in detecting and preventing identity theft, frauds and other illegal activities; correlate or map related accounts to prevent misuse of our products & services and to provide you our services.
- Protection of Piggy: To protect your rights and/or those of our Partners, and to allow Piggy to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that it may sustain in case of unauthorised use / misuse of our products or the content thereon, by third parties.
4. Storage, Retention and Security
Piggy is bound by the Information Technology Act, 2000, and comply with all its provisions. In accordance with the Section 43A of Information Technology Act, 2000, Piggy is obliged to maintain reasonable security procedures to safeguard the user data recived or provided by the User.
- We have adopted reasonable security practices and procedures to include strategic, operational, managerial, technical, and physical security controls to safeguard and protect your data and information. We have implemented such measures, as stated above, to protect against unauthorized access to and unlawful interception of Personal Information. Additionally, we have adopted measures to ensure that your personal information is accessible to our employees strictly on the need to know basis.
- Our website, applications, portals, and network equipment have industry standard security precautions in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of information which is in our environment. Whenever you change or access your account information, we facilitate the use of secure systems. The information in our custody and control is protected by adherence to reasonable security procedures in order to safeguard against unauthorized access. We apply encryption or other appropriate security controls to protect Personal Information when stored or transmitted by us.
- Your information or data will primarily be stored in electronic form. However, certain data can also be stored in physical form.
- We may enter into agreement with third parties to collect, store, process your information or data but under full compliance with applicable laws. These third parties may have their own security standards to safeguard your information or data and we will require such third parties to adopt reasonable security standards to safeguard your information / data on commercially reasonable basis.
- We have taken appropriate steps for the security and protection of all our digital platforms including internal applications, however, we shall not be responsible for any breach of security or the disclosure of Personal Information for reasons outside our control, such as hacking, social engineering, cyber terrorism, espionage by third parties, or any events by way of force majeure such as sabotage, fire, flood, explosion, acts of God, civil commotion, strikes or industrial action of any kind, riots, insurrection, war, acts of government.
5. Third Party Websites Services
6. Access, Correction and Deletion
We strive hard to keep our records updated and accurate with your latest information. You shall be responsible to ensure that the information or data you provide from time to time is and shall be correct, current and updated and you have all the rights, permissions and consent to provide such information or data. Based on technical feasibility, we will provide you with the access to all your personal and sensitive personal information that we maintain about you. We will perform verification before providing you access to this information. You may request access, correction or updation, and deletion of the information by contacting Piggy. You may note that deletion of certain information or withdrawal of consent may lead to cancellation of your registration with us or your access to our services. Additionally, we may not be able to process your request of correction, updation or deletion, in case the same is not supported by valid documents or data retention if required by the applicable law or law enforcement requests or under any judicial proceedings or it is extremely difficult to implement (such as requests related to backup copies or if a new system is required to process the request or change of technical design) or risks the privacy of other users.
7. Queries and complaints
We are committed to protect your personal information collected and processed by us and look forward to your continued support for the same. In case of any feedback or concern regarding protection of your personal information, you can contact us at email@example.com
Last Updated: 30 March 2018
Copyright © 2018, Valuevest Technologies Private Limited. All rights reserved.